Marvin Gaye Birthday Tribute! by HSB DaveB



SoulSistas And SoulBruthas! Hope all is groovy in your world. I rarely focus on just one artist. But, I just had to take this occasion of Marvin Gaye's birthday (April 2) to do just that. Marvin is my all-time favourite singer and artist. I'm particularly down with his output in the 70's when he broke away from that hit making machine of Motown and was able to craft his own albums, while still ruling the charts and record players of the world. He hit on social issues, sex, did an amazing soundtrack, played smoking hot concerts and just plain got down. There's no better example of his genius than that decade, with two albums, "What's Going On" and "Let's Get It On" ranking in my top 10 without a doubt.

So, I hope you dig. If you've got a record player, hit up the used bins and I'm sure you'll find some of Marvin's records on the cheap. Grab'em up and enjoy!

Peace and SOUL,
HSB DaveB...

follow deepgoa on Shuffler.fm, Tumblr, SoundCloud, RSS and MixCloud